Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Basic Salsa

When I posted my Red Chile Salsa, I mentioned that there is one other type of salsa I make often and this is it! The main difference is that this one doesn't have the dried chiles in it. I do vary my "recipe" almost every time I make it depending on what ingredients I have so feel free to change it up a bit to suit your tastes.



Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2-4

Ingredients
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (I use the No Salt Added kind)
  • 2 TBSP onion
  • 1 small clove of garlic
  • 1 serrano pepper
  • juice from half a lime
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
Prep
  1. Peel and chop your onion until you have about 2 TBSP.
  2. Peel and chop your garlic into a few pieces.
  3. Add your tomatoes, onion, and garlic to a blender and pulse 3-4 times to break up the garlic and onion. I use my hand blender and the cup it came with but a regular blender works just as well.
  4. Add the rest of your ingredients and pulse another 3-4 times. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment