Monday, September 30, 2019

Meal Plan 9/30/2019


Sunday

  • lamb chops
  • macaroni and cheese - I halve this recipe for us and it is plenty! I also use whole wheat macaroni
  • quick creamed spinach - from cookbook Dinner: a Playbook, which I highly recommend
    • thaw a box of frozen spinach
    • use a kitchen towel to squeeze out the liquid
    • in a skillet, heat 1 TBSP of olive oil and add 2 TBSP of finely chopped onion or shallot
    • season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
    • when onion is very soft, add spinach and cook until heated through
    • add 1-2 tsp of flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes
    • add 1/3-1/2 cup of milk
    • season with grated nutmeg, more salt + pepper and parmesan cheese

Monday

Wednesday

  • instant pot brisket tacos - this was a new recipe and the flavor was amazing but meat was not tender, HOWEVER, I just found out that I've been using my InstantPot incorrectly. I am excited to try this again! I also love this recipe for slow cooker brisket tacos.
  • quick slaw
    • I have purple cabbage in the fridge so I'll use that instead of the bag of cole slaw
  • black beans
    • will just doctor up a can - caramelize some onions first, add garlic then can of beans. Season with cumin, salt, pepper and a little white vinegar


No comments:

Post a Comment