Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Meal Plan 9/17/2018

Fall is here! Even if it's still 90 degrees.

Monday

  • Chicken tikka masala
    • I only used 2 large chicken breasts for this and it was plenty for us + leftovers. I butterflied them before broiling to make them cook faster
    • I added less salt - maybe 1.5 tsp?
    • I added less sugar - maybe 1 tsp
    • I left out the serrano for the kids
    • I use Trader Joe's Curry Powder instead of garam masala - it has a similar flavor but is less floral, which I like. I also only used 2 TBSP instead of 3
  • Brown rice with turmeric - followed package instructions and added 1/4 tsp of turmeric before cooking. gives it a pretty yellow color.
  • Curry roasted zucchini
    • heat oven to 425 - use convection if you have it
    • cut zucchini into spears and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and curry powder (add cayenne if you like it spicy)
    • roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing a couple of times in between

Wednesday

  • chili tacos
    • thawing out the last of our chili from last year's chili cook-off, but my quick chili recipe is pretty great! serve on flour tortillas with lettuce, tomato, onion and grated cheddar
  • mexican cole slaw
    • bag of cole slaw
    • shredded radishes and jalapeno (I like to grate them in the food processor)
    • chopped cilantro
    • dressing (adapted from Dinner: The Playbook sandwich slaw):
      • 3 TBSP mayo
      • squeeze of lime juice
      • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
      • squeeze of honey
      • salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment