Monday, August 27, 2018

Meal Plan 8/27/2018

I am hosting my book club on Wednesday, which means some extra recipes this week for things I don't normally make like an appetizer and cake! Thanks to my friend Kate for the appetizer - it was delicious when she served it so I hope I can do it justice.

Sunday

  • homemade pizza with dough and sauce from Trader Joes - I made a mini pizza for Maggie (only olives and cheese?!) using the pan-fried pizza method from Dinner: The Playbook. Nellie ate part of ours smothered in extra sauce
  • caesar salad

Monday

  • broiled Middle Eastern chicken
  • yogurt sauce
    • 1/2 cup yogurt
    • 1/4 cup mayo
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • squeeze of 1 lemon
    • salt, pepper
  • Trader Joe's garlic naan
  • roasted zucchini with curry

Wednesday

  • whipped ricotta with olives (app) - I just bought whole milk ricotta from Trader Joes
    • I wound up having to make this twice. I think my ricotta was too watery, so the 1/2 cup of milk was too much. My advice is to start with 1/4 cup of milk and then add more if you want it more liquidy. I like the thicker consistency!
  • pesto spinach salad
  • sage-rubbed pork tenderloin
  • almond cake
    • this was a hit and SO easy
    • Note that her recipe calls for salt in the ingredients list but fails to mention it in the directions. don't forget to add it to the batter
    • If you read her post, she mentions that the original recipe calls for 1 TBSP of sugar, then 3/4 cup of sliced almonds to be sprinkled on top of the cake before baking. I did this and loved the extra crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment